Whichever orbital position you require
Telenor Satellite Broadcasting (TSBc) provides occasional capacity for news, sports and special events on a global basis. Occasional capacity is available on our dedicated 135MHz at the 1°West “hotspot”, and we also offer competitive pricing on third-party satellites.
Whether you need 3MHz or 36MHz-plus for 15 minutes, one hour or a weekly, monthly or yearly lease – we can deliver. Bespoke transmission plans for special events are quickly delivered by the technical team.
Delivering excellent customer service
Telenor Occasional Broadcast has built a reputation for providing a professional yet friendly service with fast response times. Our 24/7, 365-days-a-year bookings team will respond quickly to all requests and advise on the best solution. Our master control room with its team of skilled engineers offers full technical and operational support around the clock.
Occasional content delivery through our two teleports
Offering Ku-band uplink, downlink and turnaround services that link seamlessly with our satellite and fibre services. Also available: occasional iDirect services.
Dedicated European satellite capacity at 1°West
135MHz on TSBc’s own capacity dedicated to occasional broadcast.
- THOR 10-02 S1 and S2 footprint (European & Middle East beams)
Additional satellite capacity
- OU coverage on Astra 4a (Nordic coverage)
- OU coverage on Telstar 12 (European and South Africa coverage)
- Eutelsat, Astra, Telesat, Intelsat, Hispasat, Amos, Asiasat
- HD/SD Ku-band uplink, downlink and turnaround services
- Encryption, standards conversion, frame synchronisation, aspect-ratio conversion
Interconnects from our two main teleports Nittedal, near Oslo in Norway, and London in the UK to:
- BT Tower, Chiswick Park, Telehouse North, Globelynx financial institutions
- Aldea Network to the Americas
- PACTV Network (North America and Australia)
- Hibernia Network (North America)
- Intelsat Global Network
- Ascent Media
- TV4 Sweden, TV2 Norway, TV Norge
- Norkring Network, Norway
Occasional broadcast iDirect services
For live MPEG-4 broadcast, store-and-forward, webcast and event data applications, TSBc is able to offer iDirect and SCPC services, utilising 3MHz THOR 10-02 S1 capacity. Dedicated space segments provide a clear IP throughput of 3Mbps, divisible between upstream and downstream data paths, as needed. More information.