Staying connected in remote regions: land-based or offshore
The demand for energy is driving oil and gas exploration further into inaccessible regions and harsher environments, thus increasing the need for immediately available and robust communications. Telenor Satellite Broadcasting (TSBc) offers high-powered satellite capacity to facilitate the ever-increasing demand from the industry for both bandwidth and reliability.
Businesses that work in exploration and extraction in remote regions are able to stay in touch, thanks to uncompromised connections that deliver high-availability bandwidth via satellite. This ensures a robust and reliable service that supports vital communication applications that monitor systems, collate real-time data and provide broadband internet connections, VoIP (voice over IP) and VPN access.
- Unique and unmatched high-powered satellite coverage
- Excellent elevation angles from 1°West orbital location
- State-of-the-art VSAT technology
- The ability to use the same antenna for both VSAT and TV services at 1°West
- 24/7 monitoring and management of teleports and networks
- A seamless migration path to Ka-band following the launch
of THOR 7