Secure, efficient and reliable satellite communication services
Telenor Satellite’s uplink and associated teleport infrastructure provides ideal facilities for the co-location of satellite communication solutions.
Nittedal teleport, Telenor Satellite’s largest site, located just outside Oslo in Norway, is the main gateway for the THOR 7 Ka maritime and land-based services. All maritime and land-based services are uplinked from a 13 meter Ka-band antenna at Nittedal Teleport with a 9 meter Ka-band diversity antenna located approx. 33km (aerial distance) away from the primary antenna. This antenna diversity arrangement ensures teleport infrastructure availability exceeds 99.9%. Antenna switchover is fully automatic and is based on processing of satellite beacon measurements.
Nittedal Teleport offers more than 40 antennas which can operate satellites in the viewable arc from 45°West to 66°East.. Teleport infrastructure is designed to provide secure managed and unmanaged rack space, with access to redundant backbone connectivity, together with antenna facilities for uplinking and downlinking to several satellite positions. Telenor Satellite offers extensive monitoring solutions and provides 24/7 network operations, on-site support, management and operational resilience of its IP ground-based solutions.
Through our experienced and highly qualified VSAT and RF experts, we can also offer network design and consultancy services to help customers find the best solutions for their needs.
Features and benefits
- 24/7 network operating centre with qualified VSAT engineers
- Extensive monitoring solutions for end-to-end link quality and availability
- Online access to monitoring data (traffic and network parameters)
- Automated ticketing systems and fault reporting
- Service levels according to agreed SLA
- Fully redundant and high-availability terrestrial backbone connectivity
- Fibre connectivity between teleports and central PoPs in the Nordic region, UK and CEE
- Environmentally controlled rack space
- Back-up power supply and generator redundancy
- Wide range of antennas for several satellite positions (see antenna list)