Secure, efficient and reliable satellite communication services
Telenor Satellite Broadcasting’s uplink and associated teleport infrastructure provides ideal facilities for the co-location of satellite communication solutions.
Nittedal teleport, Telenor Satellite Broadcasting’s largest site, located just outside Oslo in Norway, offers more than 40 antennas which can operate satellites in the viewable arc from 45°West to 66°East. We also offer hosting services from our central London teleport which operates more than 10 antennas looking at satellites from 30°West to 50°East. These environmentally controlled sites are designed to provide secure managed and unmanaged rack space, with access to redundant backbone connectivity, together with antenna facilities for uplinking and downlinking to several satellite positions. Telenor Satellite Broadcasting offers extensive monitoring solutions and provides 24/7 network operations, on-site support, management and operational resilience of its IP ground-based solutions.
Through our experienced and highly qualified VSAT and RF experts, we can also offer network design and consultancy services to help customers find the best solutions for their needs.
Features and benefits
- 24/7 network operating centre with qualified VSAT engineers
- Extensive monitoring solutions for end-to-end link quality and availability
- Online access to monitoring data (traffic and network parameters)
- Automated ticketing systems and fault reporting
- Service levels according to agreed SLA
- Fully redundant and high-availability terrestrial backbone connectivity
- Fibre connectivity between teleports and central PoPs in the Nordic region, UK and CEE
- Environmentally controlled rack space
- Back-up power supply and generator redundancy
- Wide range of antennas for several satellite positions (see antenna list)