As part of Telenor Group’s corporate responsibility programme, Telenor Satellite is committed to follow Telenor Group’s policies. Therefore, Telenor focus on responsible business practices across all of our markets. Guided by international standards and our operational experience we work systematically to address risks and to maximise the positive impact of our business. Our approach is continuous improvement.
Diversity and equal opportunities
Telenor Satellite is an equal opportunity employer, and diversity is fundamental to the way we behave as an organisation, and the way we conduct business. We are commited to work for equality and against any discrimination realted to gender, religion, lifestyle, race, ethnicity, disabilities, sexual orientation or any combination of these or other.
Please read the full report ot Telenor Satellite as an equality employer, 2021 / Likestillingsredegjørelse Telenor Satellite, 2021. This document is available in Norwegian only).
Environmental and climate change initiatives
Similarly, as part of Telenor Group’s sustainability programme, Telenor Satellite is committed to the company’s climate goals by contributing to the global reduction of CO2 emissions. Through improving the energy efficiency of our networks, buildings and IT, and by increasing our use of renewable energy resources for instance, we work to reduce our CO2 emissions.
Our aim is to:
- Make all reasonable efforts to minimize use of resources including energy, water and raw materials
- Perform regular risk assessments for its operations focusing on extreme weather events related to climate change. Subsequently use the results in the planning of network expansion and protection of existing infrastructure
- Investigate potential business initiatives and partnerships offering eco-efficient solutions
- Secure sustainable waste management and ensure all electronic waste shall be reused, recycled or safely disposed
- Establish and maintain an Environmental Management System (EMS) as set out in Group Manual Sustainability – Environment Management System
We have been Eco Lighthouse certified, since 2010. The Eco-Lighthouse Foundation is industry-specific requirements for a range of different industries. Enterprises are certified subject to independent assessment and undergo a recertification process every three years. The certification scheme has been approved by the Norwegian public procurement authorities.
It integrates environmental management and both internal and external environmental measures. In conclusion being Eco-Lighthouse certified equals full compliance with the Internal Control Regulations, and with the relevant environmental regulations.
Telenor Satellite energy consumption has been steady over the last 10 years, even if the number of services maintained has increased in the same period. Our teleport is operated in Norway and electricity produced from renewable sources, mainly from water.
Check out what measures we’ve been taking to preserve sustainability focus at Telelnor Satellite.
For more information on Telenor Group’s corporate responsibility policy, click here.
For more information on Telenor Group’s sustainable business policy, click here.