Our main teleport located on the outskirts of Oslo in Nittedal, was established in 1985. It is one of Europe’s largest, and the world’s most northerly earth stations.
There are 55 Systems & Operations Engineers employed in our NOC (Network Operations Centre), ensuring that we can offer round the clock customer support. As a member of WTA (the World Teleport Association), our Nittedal teleport meets all international security and safety standards.
In addition to our Nittedal teleport, we operate a Middle East gateway from the Makarios Teleport in Cyprus. Through these teleports we deliver managed data communications services for broadcasting, maritime mobility and the land-based sectors, as well as VNO (Virtual Network
Operations) services for clients wishing to expand their network and increase capacity.
The earth station delivers TV/multimedia encoding, contribution and distribution services, as well as Ka- and Ku-band Data Services offering maritime and land based solutions.
We also operate, monitor and manage all of Telenor Satellite’s service portfolio from our 24/7 Network Operation Centre (NOC).
- DTH transmission of more than 500 TV and radio services via 1°West
- Centralised head-end for delivery of over 800 IPTV, CATV & OTT services to the Nordic Market
- Contribution and Distribution Services for select customers
Data Services platforms
- iDirect shared services on both Ka and Ku-band platforms
- Various SCPC & VSAT services
- Teleport co-location & hosting services for select customers