Nittedal Teleport, located just north of Oslo, Norway, is Telenor Satellite’s largest teleport, employing approximately 55 systems and operations engineers. Our Teleport is the largest one in Northern Europe.
The earth station delivers TV/multimedia encoding, contribution and distribution services, as well as Ka- and Ku-band Data Services offering maritime and land based solutions.
We operate, monitor and manage all of Telenor Satellite’s service portfolio from our 24/7 Network Operation Centre (NOC).
- DTH transmission of more than 500 TV and radio services via 1°West
- Centralised head-end for delivery of over 800 IPTV, CATV & OTT services to the Nordic Market
- Contribution and Distribution Services for select customers
Data Service platforms
- iDirect Shared Services on both Ka and Ku-band platforms
- Various SCPC & VSAT Services
- Teleport Co-location & hosting services for select customers
- Europe-wide 10Gb fibre ring giving access and connectivity to strategic POPs in most major European cities.
- Over 30 antennas ranging from 3.7m to 18m
- Ku, Ka and C-band capabilities
- Antenna Hosting Services
Network Operation Centre (NOC)
- 24/7 Customer Service
- Service monitoring and control
- Incident, Request & Change Management (according to ITIL Best Practices)
- Engineering support, Fault finding and service restoration
- Occasional Use Booking and Service Support
Satellite connectivity to several major orbital positions
- THOR 10-02 S1 and S2, THOR 5, THOR 6 & Thor 7 at 1°West
- Intelsat positions 359°East and 62°East
- Other major positions ranging from 62 East to 50 West